Shon Harris, CISSP, MCSE, is the president of Logical Security, a security consultant, a former engineer in the Air Force's Information Warfare unit, an instructor and an author. She has authored two best selling CISSP books, was a contributing author to the book, Hacker's Challenge, and a co-author to the book Gray Hat Hacking. Shon was recognized as one of the top 25 women in the Information Security field by Information Security magazine.
Also by Shon Harris:
- Security School for CISSP training
- Pre-CISSP: Options for the security newbie
- Security Models and Architecture (Chapter excerpt from CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide)
- The Controversy of Hacking Books and Classes (Chapter excerpt from All-in-One Gray Hat Hacking -- The Ethical Hacker's Handbook)
- Quiz: Vulnerability management
- Vulnerability mismanagement
- Understanding risk
- How to define an acceptable level of risk
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Shon Harris, Contributor
- Book chapter: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide
- CISSP Essentials training: Domain 5, Telecommunications
- How should security and networking groups manage the firewall?
- How is ISO 17799 different from SAS 70?
- Reasons why enterprise networking and security roles mu
- How can a call center achieve compliance with ISO 27001?
- How to get management interested in an information security program
- How can IT professionals bring security concerns to senior management?
- Should a single security officer control both physical security and information security operations?
- Developing an information security program using SABSA,
- Should an organization centralize its information security division?
- What are the best options for handling segregation of duties?
- Steps in the information security program life cycle
- Key elements when building an information security prog
- How to create guidelines for using removable storage devices
- What are the top five high risk areas in a network operations environment?
- How can I attain CISSP credentials?
- How to create an enterprise-wide portal policy
- How to properly protect and retain data
- How to protect personal data