Click here to learn about Shon Harris and Logical Security's exclusive CISSP training partnership with SearchSecurity.
Shon Harris is the founder and CEO of Logical Security LLC, an information security consultant, a former engineer in the Air Force’s Information Warfare unit, an instructor and an author. She has authored several international best-selling books on information security published by McGraw-Hill and Pearson which have sold over a million copies and have been translated into six languages. Ms. Harris authors academic textbooks for various publishers and articles for trade magazines.
Ms. Harris has consulted for a large number of organizations in every business sector (financial, medical, retail, entertainment, utility) and several U.S. government agencies over the last 18 years. Ms. Harris provides high-end, advanced and specialized consulting for organizations globally. She also works directly with law firms as a technical and expert witness on cases that range from patent infringement, criminal investigations, civil lawsuits and she specializes in cryptographic technologies. Ms. Harris was recognized as one of the top 25 women in the information security field by Information Security magazine.
Also by Shon Harris:
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Shon Harris, Contributor
- How to create an enterprise-wide portal policy
- How to protect personal data
- How to properly protect and retain data
- How to create and enforce employee termination procedures
- Fraud risk assessment methodologies
- Gap analysis procedures
- Employee termination procedures
- How to deal with risk
- Defining IRM scope, methodology and tools
- How to implement an effective risk management team
- How to define an acceptable level of risk
- Understanding risk
- How to conduct a risk analysis
- How to write an information risk management policy
- Outsourcing: Understanding the business risks
- How to manage a total security package
- How to transition from a UNIX environment to the security management field
- Security certification recommendations
- Intermediate-level security certifications
- An overview of the risk management process