Click here to learn about Shon Harris and Logical Security's exclusive CISSP training partnership with SearchSecurity.
Shon Harris is the founder and CEO of Logical Security LLC, an information security consultant, a former engineer in the Air Force’s Information Warfare unit, an instructor and an author. She has authored several international best-selling books on information security published by McGraw-Hill and Pearson which have sold over a million copies and have been translated into six languages. Ms. Harris authors academic textbooks for various publishers and articles for trade magazines.
Ms. Harris has consulted for a large number of organizations in every business sector (financial, medical, retail, entertainment, utility) and several U.S. government agencies over the last 18 years. Ms. Harris provides high-end, advanced and specialized consulting for organizations globally. She also works directly with law firms as a technical and expert witness on cases that range from patent infringement, criminal investigations, civil lawsuits and she specializes in cryptographic technologies. Ms. Harris was recognized as one of the top 25 women in the information security field by Information Security magazine.
Also by Shon Harris:
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Shon Harris, Contributor
- How to manage a total security package
- How to transition from a UNIX environment to the security management field
- Security certification recommendations
- Intermediate-level security certifications
- An overview of the risk management process
- How to convince executives to use stronger passwords
- How to distribute and monitor rights and permissions
- Best practices for risk management programs
- Handling vulnerability assessment activities
- Integrated security solutions
- Developing an incident response plan
- ISO/IEC 17799 vs. COBIT: How do they differ?
- Distinguishing a remote access policy from a portable computing protection policy
- Fundamental Information Risk Management
- Policy management resources
- Log anonymizer tools
- Risk management methodologies
- How security audits, vulnerability assessments and penetration tests differ
- Taking the CISSP exam without the required experience
- Documenting how to handle confidential criteria