- Intrusion prevention
- DoS/DDoS mitigation
- Content filtering
- Application blocking
- Bandwidth management
- Regulatory logging/blocking
2.) The benefits of combined boxes are:
3.) Some rules-of-thumb for slowdown are:
- UTM devices require firewall performance boosts.
- UTM features have substantial performance penalties.
- The more features you turn on, the greater the penalty.
- UTM vendors tend not to share performance data.
4.) The five critical features in an edge e-mail security device are:
- Reputation-based IP filtering
- Powerful signature/heuristic-based anti-spam
- End-user based quarantine
- Per-user settings
- Greater control, reporting
5.) ALE -- Annual Loss Expectancy
SLE -- Single Loss Expectancy
EF -- Exposure Factor
ARO -- Annual Rate of Occurrence
Learn how to apply ALE, SLE, EF and ARO in a traditional framework to justify security investment in the Lesson 4 webcast, Making the business for intrusion defense.
Take the entrance exam
Return to Intrusion Defense School