Security School: Training for CISSP® Certification
Discover everything you need to know to ace the CISSP® exam with our first series of SearchSecurity.com Security School webcasts,which are focused on CISSP training. Each lesson corresponds to a specific domain in the CISSP exam's "Common Body of Knowledge" -- the essential elements each CISSP-certified practitioner must know.
Log in and benefit from:
- Free access to the 45-minute lesson/domain webcast. (Registration required.)
- Free "Domain Spotlight" -- an insider's guide to each domain.
- Free sample exam prep questions for the domain. (Webcast registration required.)
Domain 4: Security models and architecture
[Register here to view the Lesson/Domain 4 webcast and download the quiz.]
As computers and networks have become more complex, so too have approaches evolved for securing them. In this Security School webcast on training for CISSP certification, expert Shon Harris investigates the framework and structures that make up typical computer systems; this webcast sketches the evolution of security models and evaluation methods as they have struggled to keep pace with changing technology needs. The following topics are covered:
- Computer and security architecture: The framework and structure of a system and how security can be implemented.
- Security models and modes: The symbolic representations of policy that map the objectives of the policy makers to a set of rules which computer systems must follow under various system conditions.
- System evaluation, certification and accreditation: Methods used to examination the security relevant parts of a system (e.g. reference monitor, access control and kernel protection mechanisms, etc.) and how certification and accreditation are confirmed.
- System security threats: Common vulnerabilities specific to system security architecture.
> Read the full Domain Spotlight on security models and architecture here.
> Register here to view this webcast and download the quiz on Lesson/Domain 4 -- Security models and architecture.
> Go back to the Security School for CISSP Training table of contents.
About Shon Harris:
Shon Harris is a CISSP, MCSE and President of Logical Security, a firm specializing in security educational and training tools. Logical Security offers curriculum, virtual labs, instructor slides and tools for lease by training companies, security companies, military organizations, government sectors and corporations.
Shon is also a security consultant, an engineer in the Air Force's Information Warfare unit, an entrepreneur and an author. She has authored two best selling CISSP books, including CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, and was a contributing author to the book Hacker's Challenge. Shon is currently finishing her newest book, Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook.
CISSP® is a registered certification mark of the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., also known as ISC(2).