Security School: Training for CISSP® Certification
Discover everything you need to know to ace the CISSP® exam with our first series of SearchSecurity.com Security School webcasts, which are focused on CISSP training. Each lesson corresponds to a specific domain in the CISSP exam's "Common Body of Knowledge" -- the essential elements each CISSP-certified practitioner must know.
Log in and benefit from:
- Free access to the 45-minute lesson/domain webcast. (Registration required.)
- Free "Domain Spotlight" -- an insider's guide to each domain.
- Free sample exam prep questions for the domain. (Webcast registration required.)
Domain 6: Application and system development
[Register here to view the Lesson/Domain 6 webcast and download the quiz.]
Applications and systems are the technologies closest to the data we are trying to protect. This domain details how applications and systems are structured, what security mechanisms and strategies are commonly used to secure data during access, processing and storage; it also presents some of the common threats and countermeasures.
The following are a few of the topics that are covered in this domain:
- System development process: The models, methods, life cycle phases, and management of the development process.
- Database systems: Models, management systems, query languages, components, data warehousing and mining, schema and security measures.
- Application development methodology: Software architecture, programming languages and concepts, change control methods, improvement models, data modeling and structures, data interface and exchange methods, artificial neural networks and expert systems.
- Security threats and countermeasures: Common threats to applications and systems and how expert systems and artificial neural networks can be applied to mitigate threats.
Read the full Domain Spotlight on application and system development here.
> Register here to view this webcast and download the quiz on Lesson/Domain 6 – application and system development.
> Go back to the Security School for CISSP Training table of contents.
About Shon Harris:
Shon Harris is a CISSP, MCSE and President of Logical Security, a firm specializing in security educational and training tools. Logical Security offers curriculum, virtual labs, instructor slides and tools for lease by training companies, security companies, military organizations, government sectors and corporations.
Shon is also a security consultant, an engineer in the Air Force's Information Warfare unit, an entrepreneur and an author. She has authored two best selling CISSP books, including CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, and was a contributing author to the book Hacker's Challenge. Shon is currently finishing her newest book, Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook.
CISSP® is a registered certification mark of the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., also known as ISC(2).