Three high-risk vulnerabilities found in Symantec's Firewall/VPN and Gateway Security products last fall also affect...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
the company's Nexland firewall appliances, according to a new advisory.
"All of these vulnerabilities are remotely exploitable and can allow an attacker to perform a denial-of-service attack against the firewall appliance, identify active services in the WAN interface, and exploit one of these services to collect and alter the firewall's configuration," the Cupertino, Calif.-based company said. "All three vulnerabilities are addressed and resolved in available updated firmware release builds."
The vulnerabilities were originally reported in the following products:
- Symantec Firewall/VPN Appliance 100 prior to build 1.63;
- Symantec Firewall/VPN Appliance 200/200R prior to build 1.63;
- Symantec Gateway Security 320 prior to build 622; and
- Symantec Gateway Security 360/360R prior to build 622.
Additional research found the security holes also affect:
- Nexland ISB SOHO Firewall appliance prior to build 16U;
- Nexland Pro100 and Pro400 Firewall appliances prior to build 16U;
- Nexland Pro800 and Pro800turbo Firewall appliances prior to build 16U; and
- Nexland WaveBase Firewall appliances prior to build 16U.
Symantec said the vulnerabilities were discovered by Rigel Kent Security & Advisory Services during an assessment. "Additional research also shows that the legacy Nexland Firewall appliances, now supported by Symantec, are also affected," the advisory said. Symantec added it has confirmed all the vulnerabilities and "coordinated extensively with Rigel Kent Security & Advisory Services to finalize and thoroughly test the fixes for Symantec's affected products."
The firm has released firmware builds labeled 1.63 for Symantec Firewall/VPN appliance models 100, 200 and 200R and has also released firmware builds 622 for Symantec Gateway Security appliance models 320, 360 and 360R. Furthermore, firmware build 16U has been released for the Nexland appliances.