Twenty eight nominations were reviewed by a team of judges, which included analysts from the security and risk management strategies team at Midvale, Utah-based research firm Burton Group, the editors of SearchSecurity.com and Information Security magazine and security professionals attending the Information Security Decisions event.
Garnering the most votes from the judges, Qualys' QualysGuard was given the overall Best in Show award. QualysGuard also received an award for best practical solution and was judged on the following:
- The straightforward, common-sense approach to problem solving
- Cost effectiveness of the solution
- Product's ease of deployment and maintenance
Kazeon received the "Best Innovation Award, Small Company" category for its Kazeon Information Server product line of eDiscovery solutions. Meanwhile Crossbeam was honored with "Best Innovation Award, Large Company" for X-Series.
Both products were judged on:
- Features of the technology
- Innovations in problem solving
- Distinguishing aspects of this product versus competing offerings
Security vendors below $50 million in annual revenue were nominated in the small company category and those above $50 million were nominated in the large company category.
Questions about the 2007 Information Security Decisions awards may be directed to SearchSecurity.com.