Despite having dropped in our poll from third to sixth, we continue to see a lot of interest in this area. According to sister site WhatIs.com, an IDS gathers and analyzes information from various areas within a computer or a network to identify possible security breaches, which include both intrusions from outside and inside. But how do you go about developing, implementing and maintaining such a system? We've gathered several resources to help you out:
- Our Featured Topic on
- Intrusion Detection is loaded with rich resources.
- Get under the hood of IDS with expert Ed Yakabovicz in this tutorial webcast.
- Haven't had enough? Ed Yakabovicz takes IDS a step further in this advanced tutorial.
- Take our test on intrusion detection.
- We've collected the Web's best resources on intrusion detection.