On Monday, May 5, we debuted the first in a series of weekly live newscasts on SearchSecurity.com. Our premier...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
SearchSecurity News Spotlight featured guest analyst Robert Lonadier and HIPAA expert Kevin Beaver.
If you missed the live broadcast, you can listen to the recorded event at your convenience: http://webevents.broadcast.com/techtarget/searchsecurity/050503/index.asp?loc=04
Robert Lonadier is president and CEO of RCL & Associates. He has more than 15 years of high-tech strategic consulting and product management experience, and he was previously Director of Security Strategies at Hurwitz Group, an industry analyst and consulting firm.
As our guest analyst on the SearchSecurity News Spotlight, Robert helped our listeners prioritize industry headlines and answered user-submitted questions. Listen to the newscast and find out:
- Which of the recent security headlines are most important to security professionals
- If and when the cybersecurity advisor position left vacant by Howard Schmidt, will be filled
- Whether a high-level cybersecurity czar really has the potential to improve security
- How long it will be before a major vulnerability is found in Microsoft's Windows Server 2003
Kevin Beaver is the president of Atlanta-based security consulting firm Principle Logic, LLC. He is currently co-authoring "The practical guide to HIPAA privacy and security compliance" and is also a contributing author and editor of the book "Healthcare information systems, second edition." Kevin is also a member of SearchSecurity's Ask the Expert team.
In our News Spotlight, Kevin offered some timely insight on HIPAA and answered audience-submitted questions. He addressed:
- How HIPAA is being enforced
- The differences between the privacy and security rules
- How to determine whether your organization is a "covered entity" under HIPAA
- The benefits of taking a holistic approach to HIPAA implementation
If you missed our News Spotlight, we hope you'll listen to the recorded broadcast. And, as always, please give us your feedback on this new feature. We'd like to know what topics you'd like us to address in the future.
Mark your calendar for next week's SearchSecurity News Spotlight, when news editor Mike Mimoso highlights the top security headlines with the help of analyst Pete Lindstrom. Also joining us will be Daniel Klein, an outspoken advocate for the cessation of spam. Log in at Noon EDT on Monday, May 12 and be ready to submit your questions to both Pete and Daniel.