Test your knowledge of demilitarized zones with these trivia questions. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the correct answers. If you get them all correct, you can call yourself an Infosec Know IT All!
1. Which statement below is false?
a. A DMZ is located behind the first Internet firewall.
b. Any system on a DMZ can be compromised because it's accessible from the Internet.
c. A DMZ is an isolated network segment.
d. In order to have a DMZ, you must also have packet-filtering capabilities.
e. None of the above.
2. What is the main purpose of a DMZ?
a. To provide a place for systems on your network that need less protection than the rest of your systems.
b. To provide stronger protection to more valuable systems.
c. To attract and trap crackers who attempt to penetrate your systems.
d. To control what outside resources users have access to.
3. True or False: My company uses e-mail, but we don't have a Web site, so there's no need to have a DMZ.
4. A DMZ effectively acts as an intermediary between a workstation user and the Internet. This can also be done by a ...
d. proxy server
5. True or False: The DMZ host is not able to initiate a session back into a private network.
What do you think of our daily trivia questions? Are they too easy? Too hard? Let me know.
2. a. Provide a place for systems on your network that need less protection than the rest of your systems.
For more information on the purpose of a DMZ, read this WhatIs definition.