Studies show that a company's biggest security threat is its own employees. The SANS Institute recommends that organizations should take time to educate their employees about computer security and periodically test employees to make sure they understand the basics. To help you in your efforts to raise security awareness in your organization, we've created the following quiz.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text or an approximation of it somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
Are you the weakest link?
1. This is a document that states in writing how a company plans to protect the company's physical and IT assets.
a. Data Encryption Standard
b. security policy
c. public key certificate
d. access control list
3. This is a set of related programs, usually located at a network gateway server, that protects the resources of a private network from other networks.
d. password cracker
e. general protection fault
4. This is a class of programs that searches your hard drive and floppy disks for any known or potential viruses.
a. intrusion detection
b. Security Identifier
e. antivirus software
5. In computer security, this describes a non-technical kind of intrusion that relies heavily on human interaction. It often involves tricking people to break their own security procedures.
e. social engineering
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
ANSWER KEY: 1b;2c;3a;4e;5e;6d;7e;8c;9d;10b