Evaluating mobile device management products and services
A comprehensive collection of articles, videos and more, hand-picked by our editors
There are multiple products and services available in the mobile device management market, making it an intimidating...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
and troublesome place to navigate.
After determining what your organization needs from an MDM product and which platform would best deliver these needs, it is critical to find the vendor that best fulfills your needs and the product that offers the features you need most.
Below is a representative list of companies that sell MDM software and/or deliver MDM as a cloud/software as a service (SaaS).
- Absolute Software Corporation, software/SaaS
- AirWatch, LLC, software/SaaS
- Amtel, Inc., SaaS
- Apperian, Inc., software
- Aruba Networks, Inc., software
- Asentinel, software/SaaS
- BlackBerry, software
- Centrify Corporation, software/SaaS
- Cisco Meraki, SaaS
- Citrix, software/SaaS
- FancyFon, software
- Fiberlink Communications Corp., SaaS
- Good Technology, software
- IBM, software
- JAMF Software, LLC, software
- Kaspersky Lab, software
- LANDesk, software
- McAfee, Inc., software
- Mformation Software Technologies LLC, software
- Microsoft, software
- MobiDM, SaaS
- MobileIron, software/SaaS
- MYMobile Security Ltd., SaaS
- OpenPeak, Inc., SaaS
- SilverbackMDM, software
- Smith Micro, software
- Sophos Ltd., software
- SOTI Inc., software
- Symantec Corporation, software
- Sybase Inc., software
- Tangoe, software
- TrendMicro Incorporated, software
- Wavelink Corporation, software
About the author:
Lisa Phifer owns and is president of Core Competence Inc., a consulting firm specializing in leading-edge network technology. She has been involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of networking and security products for over 25 years. She has advised companies large and small regarding needs, product assessment and the use of emerging technologies and best practices.
Check out the winners of 2013's Readers' Choice Award for mobile data security.