Here is the seventh part of a sample security policy for end users, submitted by searchSecurity member Nap van Zuuren. Give it a read and tell us what you think by rating it at the bottom of the page. And, don't miss the rest of the policy; follow the link below.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Complete the following steps:
1. Read the Software/Hardware Policy.
2. Sign and date this form in the spaces provided below.
3. Return this page only to the assigned
- The return of this page can also be carried out by e-mail after PGP-signing of this page. Model: x
S/N: x You are personally responsible for protecting the laptop (portable computer) entrusted to you. For your own protection, and that of the system, always take the following precautions:
- Exercise care not to lose your laptop.
- Never leave your laptop unguarded.
- If leaving your work on your laptop, (as a minimum) log off as User. - Do not let anyone access the system under your identity (that is, log in with your Use ID and Password). I hereby acknowledge receipt of the above mentioned laptop and its associated accessories, and I acknowledge receipt of the instructions and agree to abide by the rules for use. Signature: x
Printed Name: x
This sample policy is continued in Part Eight.