Here is the seventh part of a sample security policy for end users, submitted by searchSecurity member Nap van Zuuren. Give it a read and tell us what you think by rating it at the bottom of the page. And, don't miss the rest of the policy; follow the link below.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Complete the following steps:
1. Read the Software/Hardware Policy.
2. Sign and date this form in the spaces provided below.
3. Return this page only to the assigned
- The return of this page can also be carried out by e-mail after PGP-signing of this page. Model: x
S/N: x You are personally responsible for protecting the laptop (portable computer) entrusted to you. For your own protection, and that of the system, always take the following precautions:
- Exercise care not to lose your laptop.
- Never leave your laptop unguarded.
- If leaving your work on your laptop, (as a minimum) log off as User. - Do not let anyone access the system under your identity (that is, log in with your Use ID and Password). I hereby acknowledge receipt of the above mentioned laptop and its associated accessories, and I acknowledge receipt of the instructions and agree to abide by the rules for use. Signature: x
Printed Name: x
This sample policy is continued in Part Eight.