Save space and protect Internet transactions
This tip was submitted to the searchSecurity Tip Exchange by user Matthew Nelson. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
This allows an administrator to save valuable space on a machine by limiting the amount of space Internet Explorer 5.5 can use for its Temporary Files Folder. It also cleans out pages that may have potential confidential information that's been encrypted.
1. In Internet Explorer 5.5 go to Tool > Internet options.
2. Under Temporary Internet Files category click on settings button.
3. Select the minimal amount of disk space you want to allow, press OK.
4. Next, go to the Advanced tab.
5. Scroll down to to the security section. Check the boxes next to:
(a) Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.
(b) Do not save encrypted pages to disk.
Dig deeper on Security Resources