Dr. Bill Hancock, a security visionary who oversees global security in one of the largest Web hosting companies and manages one of the largest IP networks in the world, presented this session at Information Security Decisions Fall 2005.
Your job as an information security practitioner is changing, and your role is taking on an importance that transcends IT. This presentation will help you to keep pace with the evolving landscape of threats, increasing challenges of compliance and ongoing imperative of calculating risk. This presentation covers trends such as the push for active defenses and the need to protect mobile devices, technologies like intrusion prevention systems and OS-level antivirus protections, and skills that call on security managers to develop more than technical capabilities.
Dr. Hancock addresses the implications of:
- Security being baked into network devices, servers and desktops
- Evolving threats like botnets
- Emerging technologies, such as IPS and anomaly detection
- The need for outsourced security services
- Security obstacles inherent in data, voice and video convergence
- An increasingly mobile workplace and world
- The need to evaluate risk using new models
Visit our resource center for tips and expert advice on staying ahead of threats
View more presentations from some of the industry's foremost security practitioners
Learn more about Information Security Decisions
Learn about what security will look like in the future