New & Notable
In a new blog post, Microsoft said its legal takedown last week, which sought to decrease Trickbot activity, disabled the vast majority of the botnet's servers.
Among the 25 vulnerabilities listed in the NSA advisory, numerous were critical and carried a CVSS score either at or close to 10, the highest possible.
Security operations center automation can help address the security skills gap by scaling critical analyst responsibilities. But an overreliance on AI introduces other risks.
Explore how zero-trust certifications and training options from Forrester, Cybrary and Pluralsight can build on your IT team's skills for a successful security migration.
Emerging threats News
Two events -- a new advisory and what might be the first ransomware-related death -- have reignited the debate of whether ransomware payments should be banned.
Windows security News
While Microsoft released a patch last month for the Netlogon flaw, the company said it detected threat actors using exploits for the critical vulnerability.
PCI DSS Evaluate
Explore some of the top NGFWs currently on the market -- based on features and user reviews -- to help you make a buying decision
Encryption technology Evaluate
Microsoft's new double key encryption offering brings data security and compliance benefits. Are they worth the implementation challenges?
Security industry trends Manage
Election security remains top of mind for many right now, with Nabil Hannan discussing vulnerabilities like remote breaches, new attack surfaces and poor current controls.
CISSP Get Started
Test your knowledge and preparedness for the CISSP exam with 16 questions taken directly from the latest 'CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide' from McGraw Hill.
Data security technology and strategy (5) +
Enterprise identity and access management (8) +
Enterprise network security (9) +
- DDoS attack detection and prevention
- Endpoint protection and client security
- IoT security issues
- IPv6 security and network protocols security
- Network Access Control technologies
- Network device security: Appliances, firewalls and switches
- Secure remote access
- Software-defined security best practices
- VPN security
Information security certifications, training and jobs (2) +
Information security program management (7) +
- Government information security management
- Information security incident response
- Information security laws, investigations and ethics
- Information security policies, procedures and guidelines
- Security automation systems, tools and tactics
- Security industry market trends, predictions and forecasts
- Security vendor mergers and acquisitions
Information security risk management (3) +
Information security threats (5) +
Network threat detection (4) +
Platform security (3) +
Security audit, compliance and standards (4) +
Software and application security (9) +
- Application attacks (buffer overflows, cross-site scripting)
- Application firewall security
- Database security
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday and patch management
- Open source security tools and software
- Productivity apps and messaging security
- Secure SaaS: Cloud application security
- Secure software development
- Social media security risks
Web security tools and best practices (3) +
Wireless and mobile security (4) +
Find Solutions For Your Project
Zero-trust security has three main on-ramps -- each with its own technology path. For a clear-cut zero-trust implementation, enterprises need to choose their on-ramp wisely.
The convergence of IoT with industrial processes increases productivity, improves communications and makes real-time data readily available. But serious IIoT security risks must be considered as well.
Launch a zero-trust strategy in six steps. Learn how to form a dedicated team, ask questions about existing security controls and evaluate the priority of zero-trust initiatives.
Pro+ Security DownloadsView All
E-Zine | August 2020Download
E-Handbook | May 2020Download
E-Zine | May 2020Download
E-Handbook | April 2020Download
E-Handbook | March 2020Download
Information Security Basics
A cyber resilience plan should complement a company's cybersecurity strategy so that the security culture and cyber hygiene is thought through in all IT and cybersecurity initiatives.
There are many methods available to authenticate users requesting access to an organization's systems. Test your knowledge with this quiz on authentication in network security.
Safe information transfer is a must for modern organizations, but not all secure data transmission methods are equal. Explore your secure data transfer options in this tip.
- A Simpler Approach to Endpoint Security –Product Overview
- Seven Strategies to Securely Enable Remote Workers –White Paper
- Enterprise Network Security in a Post-COVID World –Analyst Report
Blog: Security Bytes
Google's security and privacy upgrades to Android are mostly forward-thinking changes, readying for a future that is inevitable but unclear, rather than ways to improve security today.Continue Reading
The Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities loomed large last year, but RSAC 2019 will have little fodder on speculative execution threats and side channels attacks.Continue Reading
More Security Bytes PostsView All Blog Posts
Sections from across SearchSecurity
Malware, virus, Trojan and spyware protection and removal
Product testing firm NSS Labs shut down last week, citing negative effects of COVID-19, but former employees say the company's troubles started well before the pandemic.
Information security laws, investigations and ethics
Attempts to disrupt the notorious Trickbot botnet, most recently through Microsoft's legal takedown, have proven short-lived as ransomware attacks have resumed.
Data security breaches
A report by New York State's Department of Financial Services found that hackers breached Twitter's network by posing as IT support and obtaining credentials through vishing.
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- CISO as a service (vCISO, virtual CISO, fractional CISO)
- access control
- advanced persistent threat (APT)
- zero-day (computer)
- PCI DSS 12 requirements
- vulnerability assessment (vulnerability analysis)
- What is identity and access management? Guide to IAM
- X.509 certificate
- Trojan horse (computing)
- identity theft