Microsoft is holding the latest edition of its twice-yearly BlueHat Security Briefings this week, and the speaker lineup is a who’s who of researchers and technologists. The topics of the scheduled talks run the gamut from security problems in virtualized platforms to mobile and embedded security to the current state of the Microsoft Security Response Center. Here’s a quick look at some of the talks:
- Black Ops 2007: DNS Rebinding Attacks, Dan Kaminsky, IO Active
- Subverting Windows CE Kernel for Fun and Profit, Petr Matousek, Coseinc
- Mobile and Embedded Security-The Elephant Under the Carpet, Ollie Whitehouse, Symantec
- WabiSabiLabi: The Exploit Marketplace Project, Roberto Preatoni, WabiSabiLabi
- Malware, Isolation and Security Boundaries: It’s Harder Than it Looks, Mark Russinovich, Microsoft
Looks like a great conference. Too bad you can’t attend, and neither can I. BlueHat is strictly invitation-only and Microsoft mostly just invites internal folks and a couple of outsiders. We’ll be keeping an eye on it, though, and will let you know what comes out of it.