|John B. Smith
21 Bartlett Ave.
Raleigh, North Carolina 27620
|OBJECTIVE: Provide senior advisory services in area of Information Technology with a concentration on Information Security and Risk.
4/00 -- 3/06 Chief Information Security Officer
- Created and ran the Information Security Office charged with creating and maintaining the security architecture for all technology platforms.
- No vulnerabilities exploited for over 30 months once the program was established.
- Maintained information security processes and security control standards for application development and technology deployment.
- Charged with evaluating new security technology and conducting vulnerability assessments.
- Oversaw $22M annual security budget and 87 staff.
11/98 -- 4/00 Vice President, Information Services
- Created and ran a new organization called "Information Technology Operations Management."
- Responsible for the Information Technology Operations Control Center, all IT Helpdesks, Security Administration and Enterprise Systems Management, consisting of 274 associates located throughout the country.
- Managed average operating budget of $30million and lowered it by 20% through consolidation and centralization of functions.
3/93 -- 11/98 Vice President, Information Services
- Created and Centralized Technical Management and Support Organization, responsible for supporting all technical aspects for the operation of three large geographically dispersed data centers.
- Responsible for design and development of end-to-end systems management capabilities and support for UNIX processing. Originally staffed with 325 associates, reduced to 205, resulting in an annual savings of $11.5 million.
2/90 -- 3/93 Director, Corporate Data Center
- Directed a staff of eight managers in the areas of operating systems, database communications software, voice communications, data center operations, network operations, and remote operations.
- Responsible for all operational and technical aspects of a large IBM mainframe data center as well as two small data centers, supported by a staff of 157 employees. Overall budget in excess of $50 million.
2/74 -- 2/90 Several Technical and operational roles and assignments
During 16 years of my career I advanced through several different technical and operational roles to prepare me for my executive responsibilities. These roles include assignments in Data Center Operations, Network Technical Management, Software Support, Database Systems and special assignments.
EDUCATION: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Certificate in Electrical Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Graduated Magna Cum Laude
REFERENCES: Available upon request.
This was last published in July 2006
Dig Deeper on Information security certifications, training and jobs