This week's quiz has a slightly different format. Your goal will be to match the correct term in the left-hand column with its description in the right-hand column.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you ve chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the defintion.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
f) cache server
g) access control list
i) Internet Protocol
j) bandpass filter
l) security policy
m) proxy server
n) Metcalfe's Law
q) personal firewall
r) bastion host
t) Web Proxy Autodiscovery
u) rule base
v) dynamic packet filter
w) general protection fault
z) Content Protection for Removable Media
|1._____ A server that acts as this kind of node often also acts as a proxy server and a firewall server.
2. _____This is a computer host or small network that functions as a neutral zone between a company's private network and the outside public network
3._____ This is a private data network that makes use of the public telecommunication infrastructure, maintaining privacy through the use of a tunneling protocol and security procedures.
4._____ A simple firewall might screen requests to make sure they come from acceptable (previously identified) domain name and ______ _____ addresses.
5. _____This is a set of rules that governs what is and what is not allowed through the firewall.
6. _____ This is a protocol that a proxy server can use to accept requests from client users in a company's network so that it can forward them across the Internet.
7._____ This is a firewall facility that can monitor the state of active connections and use this information to determine which network packets to allow through the firewall.
8._____ This the only host computer that a company allows to be addressed directly from the public network -- it is designed to screen the rest of its network from security exposure.
9._____ This is a server that acts as an intermediary between a workstation user and the Internet so that the enterprise can ensure security, administrative control, and caching service.
10._____ This is a software application used to protect a single Internet-connected computer from intruders.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
Be sure to take:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz # 13: AS/400
Quiz #14: Peripherals
Quiz #15: HP
Quiz #16: Web Management Basics
Quiz #17: DSL
Quiz #18: Do You Know Me? You Should!
Quiz #19: Artificial Intelligence
Quiz #20: Cryptography
Quiz #21: We're Going to the Zoo!
Quiz #22: Web Site Performance
ANSWER KEY: 1y;2p;3o;4i;5u;6b;7v;8r;9m;10q