This collection of resources offers security practitioners tips and strategies for keeping their organizations...
compliant with the ongoing demands of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Learn how other security practitioners are handling SOX compliance, financial woes, internal controls, auditing, steps for achieving compliance, avoiding product hype and what happens when you don't comply. Send us an e-mail to let us know what other guides you'd like to see on SearchSecurity.com.
To keep this Web page open as you're perusing this guide, right click on the links and select "Open in New Window."
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction to SOX compliance
SOX in the enterprise
Internal controls and section 404
Steps for compliance
SOX compliance product guide
The bottom line: Violations and repercussions
More security learning resources
Free security IT downloads
- Glossary Definition: Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Glossary Definition: Compliance
- Glossary Definition: Chief Compliance Officer
- Glossary Definition: security audit
- Article: Key points of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Article: Experts: Better prepare for the regulations to come
- Column: Compliance 2.0
- Tip: SOX: Now the real dirty work begins
- Article: SOX: New rules for year two
- Article: Five compliance questions to ask your CEO
- Article: Former SEC chair is SOX fan -- with exceptions
- Commentary: Why companies still struggle with compliance
- Tip: The real deal with Sarbanes-Oxley: Perspectives for the security manager
- Tip: What more is there to say about SOX?
- Tip: A SOX army of one: How to spearhead compliance efforts
- Article: SOX compliance costing companies big time
- Article: Big brother's watchful eye
- Article: Regulations bite into the bottom line -- but for how long?
- Article: Survey sheds light on SOX spending
- Article: Layer 8: Darned SOX
- Article: The cost of privacy safeguards
- Article: How privacy costs impact infrastructure
- Tip: Companies cry 'uncle' as compliance deadlines near
- Tip: SOX-in-a-box: One size does not fit all when it comes to compliance
- Advice: Log analyzer software
- Review: Elemental Compliance System 1.1 innovative, solid
- Review: Polivec Compliance Management System 3.7
- Conference Presentation: Separating fact from fiction: Security technologies for regulatory compliance
- Article: 'Typical' SOX violations
- Tip: Will the 'regulatory police' be knocking on your door?
- Tip: A closer look at Sarbanes-Oxley violations
- Advice: Examples of Sarbanes-Oxley violations
| More security learning resources
This was last published in November 2005
Dig Deeper on Security audit, compliance and standards